Pete's Stock Car Pages
Bibliography and Links
Some of my Information Sources
I bring a small part of UK Stock Car history to these pages. My knowledge is based on watching racing from the terraces since 1972, talking with other fans and lots of reading. I am indebted to everyone who has been kind enough to send me information since I first published the site. A lot of what I include today comes via first-hand accounts from those with connections to the sport that is Stock Car Racing. In addition to many contemporary programmes from Spedeworth and BriSCA, and the odd feature in Short Circuit Magazine, Motoring News, Motor Sport News, Stock Car Magazine, and other publications from the 1970's to 2000's, my research has included the following books, magazine articles and important programmes.
- Backtrack. The Golden Age of Oval Racing (Stadia/Tempus Publishing Ltd, 2006) by Richard John Neil. Photos of drivers and cars from the Spedeworth formulae running in the 1970ís including some great SCOTA and F1SCA shots.
- BriSCA Formula One. The Definitive History of UK Big League Stock Car Racing 1954 - 2000 (Autographics, 2000) by Keith Barber and Malc Aylott. Updated version of Keith's 1994 publication. A superb book for the BriSCA F1 fan.
- The Sound and The Fury, Behind the Scenes with the Stars of BriSCA Formula One Stock Car Racing (Factor Publishing, 2000) by Neil Randon. The top men in 2000.
- The Big League, A History of UK Formula One Stock Car Racing 1954 to 1994 (Autographics, 1994) by Keith Barber. Strong BriSCA bias, very detailed.
- Speedway, An Introduction to the World of Oval Racing (Empire Features, 1992) by Alasdair Domhnullach. Excellent overview of all types of oval track motor racing.
- Star Cars of the Ovals (Academy Books, 1991) by Jean Ruston. Strong Spedeworth bias, lots of good photos.
- Short Circuit Magazines; August 1978, September 1978, November 1978, May 1979, September 1986. A must for the SCOTA and F1SCA fan.
- Rods and Stocks International Magazine, January 1980. Good overview of F1 history.
- Spedeworth programme, 21st November 1992 "Goodbye Aldershot". What a sad night that was - unforgettable. Programme has loads of historical information.
- Stock Car Magazine, May 1996, May 1997, October 1997. Wimbledon comment.
- How the Split was Healed (Motoring News, 15th January 1997) by Graham Brown. Why Wimbledon Easter 1996 was such a monumental occasion.
- Stock Car Magazine, March 2000, April 2000, May 2001. SCOTA comment.
- Stock Car Magazine, March 2001. About the BriSCA / BSCDA power struggle, including SCOTA comment.
- Spedeworth programme, 14th October 2001 "The V8 Stock Car World Championship". A brief run down on the BriSCA, SCOTA, Spedeworth saga.
- Stock Car Magazine, October 2002, August 2003, June 2004, August 2004. F1 Stock Cars on show at Goodwood.
- Motor Sport Magazine, February 2004. Pete Tucker recalls racing stockcars in the fifties.
- Spedeworth programme, 16th - 20th October 2004 "Foxhall's 50th plus London Thunder". Lots of historical information, old photos and programme scans.
Web Site Directory
These web sites, run by stock car fans and drivers, include stuff on Formula One Stock Cars and Early Oval Racing:
Links to Promotors running BriSCA F1 and Spedeworth V8 meetings:
This page last updated: 25th July 2008. Peter Marsh. Mail me autumnView@yahoo.com.
[ Top of Page ]
[ Home Page ]